Capture Life's Moments

Capture Life's Moments

23 February 2012

A beer at 5pm? YES Please!!!!!!

Let me just start out by saying that, yes my husband is military and active duty; but can I also state that that does NOT mean we are over here in North Carolina rollin' in dough. That is one thing that drives me bonkers is that people assume that since my husband is in the Army, we have unlimited money. PuuLEAZE! Lemme just say that not only do we live pay check to pay check, but the debt ain't funny either. So when you have two children and two dogs and my hubs and my self to take care of, you seem to be willing to do whatever you can to save money. For example (and the reason of this post) WIC. Having two children and knowing the price of formula, if you can qualify for it, GET IT! Yes, I'm one to complain about the waiting time or the fact that they have only TWO waiting rooms the size of a middle bedroom and you CAN'T stand in the hall..... UGH! well, I suck it up, because damn near $20 per can of formula is too much for me to spend. So I deal with the annoyances and the inconveniences because I feel its worth it just for the formula alone! Today was the kids' WIC appointment. I for one, can't find a DAYUM parking spot..... and two, had to park basically on the damn main road.... (B.S.) THREE..... one stroller.... my almost 4yr old, is walking.. not the greatest event usually bc I like to have her in the double stroller so she can't run from me and get in the way of others...again..rooms are NOT big enough for a double stroller. So my lil mini me was off running from me, getting in the way of by-passers. We get to the WIC office and I give her my phone with a letter app up for her to play to keep her distracted and seated.... then, all of a sudden she looks at me and says "Mommy I very sick" and she runs to the trash can in the waiting room, (THANK GOD FOR THAT TRASH CAN) and there goes her lunch. Thankfully there was only two other mothers in there but it was def embarrassing. We finish up and we head home and I'm catering to her because she says she doesn't feel good, and then all of a sudden.. she feels good enough to put her brothers Lavender shampoo in her hair.. she wasn't taking a bath. HORRIBLE mess.... so in to the bath she goes. Toys to play with bc it's a ritual for a bath. The bath seems to have made her feel better so I asked her to pick up her toys in her room, bc her room is a horrid mess and seems to always be that way. She decides to have a fit of yelling at me telling me "No" and that's when I said "In your room you go, missy. Time to clean" and shut the door. She has been yelling for the past 45mins about how she doesn't wanna clean and that she want's the door open. UGH! Lemme tell ya, I opened a beer! Today can suck it.... today is for the birds... and once again, the Army is my husbands first wife, then comes me....ARRRGHH! This is why I'm such an insomniac bc once everyone is asleep... I cherish every moment to myself. Whether it be drawing, Facebooking, browsing Pinterest, or simply writing a blog. I feel it's all I have to call my own sometimes. *HEAVY SIGH* Now back to that beer!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment